F-Secure expands partnership with Nifty on identity protection services“@nifty Password Manager” to deploy F-Secure’s ID PROTECTION.
Helsinki, Finland – February 27, 2020: Today, cyber security provider F-Secure and Nifty, Japan’s leading internet service provider (ISP), announced they were expanding their partnership with Nifty’s deployment of F-Secure’s identity protection services in Nifty’s “@nifty Password Manager”. And in a separate deal, as of February 26, Nifty’s existing “Always-On Security 24” services deploy F-Secure SAFE as its core component, and the foundation for its expanded services.
Since April 2018, F-Secure and Nifty have built a solid partnership through sales of F-Secure SENSE – a Wi-Fi router that includes security capabilities to protect all the devices in people’s homes. Nifty is one of several partners that F-Secure announced earlier in the year as ready to roll out F-Secure ID PROTECTION. And today’s launch makes the partnership between the two companies even stronger.
Features and benefits offered by “@nifty Password Manager” include:
- 24/7 monitoring of the public, deep, and dark web for personal information stolen or leaked in a breach
- Helps prevent spoofing and ID theft with breach response guidance before attacker’s misuse stolen personal information
- Facilitates the creation of strong passwords unique to every service with an easy-to-use password management system, helping minimize the risks associated with a breach
- Complements the connected home security offering SENSE that Nifty is selling today, providing end-users with actionable information if the cloud service powering the connected home or IoT device gets compromised
Features and benefits of “Always-On Security 24” include:
- Protect up to 7 smart devices with a monthly fee of 500 yen
- Malware and internet protection powered by F-Secure SAFE, recipient of AV-TEST’s 2018 Best Protection award for Consumers*
- Multi-platform service compatible with Windows, macOS, iOS, and Android
- Secure online financial transactions and payments with specialized banking protection
- Parental controls that protect children from online threats and allow parents to restrict usage to prevent overuse
“We are very pleased with the adoption of two more of our services by Nifty. We’ve built a strong partnership through our sales of F-Secure SENSE,” says Kristian Järnefelt, Executive Vice President, Consumer Security at F-Secure, on the extended partnership. “The additional services will provide Nifty’s customers with a higher level of security, protecting them from cyber threats. We are looking forward to further business development between the two companies in the future. ”
“We want to deliver a user-friendly, comfortable internet experience for customers, and we are continuously strengthening our security services,” says Masakazu Murakami, Director & Executive Officer at Nifty. “By implementing F-Secure’s technologies in our service, we are convinced that we can provide better security and peace-of-mind.”
F-Secure’s consumer survey, conducted in 2019 with 3,600 consumers from 9 countries, found the following:
- 41% of Japanese respondents said they’ve been affected by cyber crime, compared to a global average of 51%
- 77% of Japanese respondents answered “yes” when asked whether they fear becoming victims of cyber crime or ID theft, compared to 71% in other countries
Nobody has better visibility into real-life cyber attacks than F-Secure. We’re closing the gap between detection and response, utilizing the unmatched threat intelligence of hundreds of our industry’s best technical consultants, millions of devices running our award-winning software, and ceaseless innovations in artificial intelligence. Top banks, airlines, and enterprises trust our commitment to beating the world’s most potent threats. Together with our network of the top channel partners and over 200 service providers, we’re on a mission to make sure everyone has the enterprise-grade cyber security we all need.
Founded in 1988, F-Secure is listed on the NASDAQ OMX Helsinki Ltd.
F-Secure media relations
+358 40 637 8859
Latest Press Releases
Region-specific settings and configurations leave users vulnerable in some countries but not others.
Helsinki, Finland – May 22, 2020:: Cyber security provider F-Secure has become the newest Premier Member of the LATAM chapter of the Fiber Broadband Association –the largest and only trade association in the Americas dedicated to the pursuit of an all-fiber optic network infrastructure. As a Premier Member, F-Secure will support the organization providing relevant […]
Research highlights threats and security challenges facing the UK’s emerging driverless transportation infrastructure.
F-Secure, Windstream, and Actiontec win broadband marketing award for connected home security offering
2020 Marketing Partnership Best in Class Award recognizes the teamwork that delivered all-encompassing security solution to customers.